Released November, 2011
The Pros:Switch between 2D and 3D recording/viewing with one button.
Sony DEV-5 are a pair of digital binoculars capable of capturing 7.1 megapixel still images and recording 1080p Full HD 3D video, using dual LCD electronic viewfinders that offer a glass-free way to view your subject.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Like traditional binoculars the viewfinder has rubber eye cups to keep out light and moisture and a durable plastic case construction, but the ability to record HD video using two Full HD sensors makes them the first binoculars in the world to do so. Features include 10x digital and 10x optical zoom combined for a total of 20x zoom, two Sony Exmor R CMOS sensors which are ideal for low light situations, Optical SteadyShot image stabilization technology, dual professional-quality wide angle G Lenses and GPS. Also included are a built-in 2 channel stereo mic with Dolby, mic and headphone stereo mini-jacks, SD card slot, two USB connections, HDMI port, Component and Composite video outputs. BRAVIA Sync lets you connect to other Sony HDMI products without the need for remote control, and the supplied battery can run up to 2 hours and 35 minutes while recording 2D video on a single charge. Release is expect in mid November 2011.
- Minimum Illumination : Standard: 11 lux (1/60 Shutter Speed:60i, 1/50 Shutter Speed:50i)
- Audio Format : Dolby Digital 2ch Stereo
- Media Type : Internal Flash Memory; Memory Stick PRO Duo (Mark 2); Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo; SD/ SDHC/ SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : 7.1 megapixels
- Still Image Mode : 3D Still Image: Not available / 2D Still Image: JPEG
- Video Format : 3D HD: MVC (original format); HD: MPEG4-AVC/ H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible (1080/60p: original format); STD: MPEG2-PS
- Video Mode : 3D HD 3D: Approx. 28Mbps; HD PS: Approx. 28Mbps/ FX: Approx. 24Mbps/ FH: Approx. 17Mbps/ HQ: Approx. 9Mbps/ LP: Approx. 5Mbps; STD HQ: 9Mbps
- Diopter Adjustment : Yes (-3.5 - +3.5)
- Eye relief : 14.3mm
- Field of View : 35.6degrees (16:9)
- Interpupilary distance : 55-75mm
- Type : 2x 0.45-inch (1.1cm) Wide (16:9); 1227k dots (852x3(RGB)x480)
- Aperture : F1.8-3.4
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : Movie Mode: 57.9-660mm(2D: Digital zoom OFF), 57.9-1320mm(2D: Digital zoom ON 34.4-344mm(3D); Photo Mode: 29.8-1320mm (16:9), 27.4-1213mm (4:3)
- Lens Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot Image stabilization w/ Active mode (wide (3D)/ Wide to Tele (2D))
- Lens Type : G Lens
- Magnification : PHOTO:x0.9-10x(2D:Digital Zoom OFF)/x0.9-x20(2D:Digital Zoom ON); MOVIE:x0.5-x20(16:9)/x0.5-x15(4:3)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 3D: Approx. 80cm (Wide), Approx. 7.5m (Tele); 2D: Approx. 1cm (Wide), Approx. 80cm (Tele), Approx. 25cm (Tele Macro)
- Imaging Sensor : 1/4" (4.5mm) Back-illuminated "Exmor R" CMOS Sensor
- Pixel Gross : 2x Approx. 4200K pixels (3D)/ Approx. 4200K pixels (2D)
- Processor : BIONZ Image processor
- A/V Remote Terminal : Video / S Video / Audio / Component Out / Remote
- BRAVIA Sync: Yes
- DC IN : Yes
- HD Output : HDMI Out (mini); Component Video Out (Component A/V cable) (sold separately))
- HDMI Terminal : Yes (mini)
- Headphone Jack : Stereo Minijack
- Memory Card Slot : Memory Stick PRO Duo and SD/ SDHC/ SDXC media compatible
- Microphone Input : Stereo Minijack
- SD Output : Composite Video Out (A/V connection cable (supplied)); Component Video Out (Component A/V cable (sold separately)); S Video Out (A/V connection cable with S Video (sold separately))
- USB Port(s) : TypeA, mini-AB/USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage/MTP)
- Dimensions (Approx.) : Approx. 10.63inch x 2 5/ 8inch x 3.47inch (219mm x 155mm x88mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : Approx. 2.65lbs (body only)
User Reviews (1)
Switch between 2D and 3D recording/viewing with one button
You may also like...